Districts or schools entering the poster contest must be paid members of MSA for 2017-2018 by December 1, 2017. Please call 202-824-0672 OR email email@example.com for any membership related questions.
- Institution members may submit one poster to MSA representing the appropriate level – elementary, middle, or high.
- District members may submit ONLY one poster representing each level – elementary, middle, high. Schools should coordinate with their appropriate district level department(s).
- Each district will determine the posters sent to be judged at the national level.
- Entries will be accepted from the district level completed by individual students only.
- All entries will become the property of MSA and will not be returned.
- Each poster must include the official MSA entry form attached to the back of the poster.
MSA suggests that school-wide and/or district-wide competitions implement the same scoring rubric for the selection of their winners.
Adherence to Pillar(s)/Theme(s): 30 pts
Adherence to Specifications: 20 pts
Originality and Organization: 30 pts
Use of Color and Design: 20 pts
TOTAL POINTS: 100 pts
Deadline for Submitting Posters:
- Please complete the online submission form, and be prepared to upload a digital copy (resolution = minimum 300dpi) of the poster.
- The original poster(s) must be mailed and RECEIVED in the National Office by Monday, January 22, 2018 to be eligible.
Please send entries to:
Magnet Schools of America | 1909 K Street, NW Suite C-140 | Washington, DC 20006
Presentation of National Awards:
First, second, and third place winners at each level will be notified in April 2018. The overall, top winning poster will be announced at the National Conference on Magnet Schools in Chicago, Illinois April 25-29, 2018.